How to open the MeroShare account?
To open Mero share account, you need to follow the following steps.
- First, you need to have Demat account for which shall require visiting any of the nearest branch of your bank or stock broker.
- Upon getting DEMAT Number, you need to register CRN number which stands for CASBA Registration Number. To get CRN number, you need to visit the bank where you have opened saving account and can be requested from any of the branches of your bank or stock broker near to you.
- Now that you have the CRN number, you need to get an account for “Mero Share”.
Mero Share account
1) Where can I open Mero Share Account
Mero Share can be opened form the bank where you have opened DEMAT account
2) How can I open Mero Share Account
For new registration, customer needs to visit the nearest branch of your bank, capital management company.
3) Where can I find the application form for Mero Share
Mero share application form is available in the official website of your bank or capital management company.
4) What is the charges for Mero Share
General price of new Registration charge for Mero Share is NPR 50 whereas renewal charge is also the same. The price in your bank may vary.
5) Can we renew Mero Share through online system
Mero share can be renewed through connect IPS, Esewa, Khalti etc.
6) How can I get my Mero share details after the registration?
Username of Mero Share shall be the last eight digit of your DEMAT client ID excluding the number zero whereas the password will be send in the e mail address that you have specified in the registration form
7) How long will it take to get Mero Share password
Normally, it will take a maximum of 2 days to get your password.
8) How to reset password of Mero Share
You need to visit the nearest branch to reset password for Mero Shareor send request to [email protected] from your registered email ID.
9) If I wanted to change my current e mail address, what will be procedure to do it
You need to visit the nearest branch and submit the request to update your current e mail address with a new one
10) How to apply for IPO through Mero Share system
- To apply for the Share IPO/FPO/right share listed in Mero Share, you need to go to the My ASBA tab and click the Current issue.
- Then choose the company to apply for share.
- You need to put in the number of shares as per the limit stated.
- Choose the bank account and the CRN number
- Then you need to enter the 4 digit Transaction PIN code that you have set before. Earlier you need to enter OTP (One Time password) which is now replaced with the Transaction PIN code for more security.
- Enter the PIN number to confirm the application for the share through the Mero Share account.
11) How can I know whether my request has been successful or not
To view the result or the status of share though Mero Share portal, please go the application report inside my ASBA tab in which you can see the details as pending, confirmation
12) How to check whether the share has been allotted or not
To view the result, please click on the Application report inside My ASBA tab.
13) How do I change the transaction PIN code of Mero Share account
- If you forgot your current transaction PIN, you need to visit the nearest branch for reset 14) What are the procedure to sell, buy and get information onMero Share
- Find the number of shares bought by you in the My Shares tab. Always look for the free share number that you can actually sell. You need to check as the company can lock or freeze some share. If you mistakenly sell a share that is not owned by you, you need to pay a penalty of 20 %.
- The detailed price and equivalent price of the share are listed in the My Portfolio tab
- Always calculate WACC in the Purchase Source to go for the approval of the selling share in T + 1 day. Selling share will be only listed in EDIA after the calculation of WACC (weighted average cost of capital)
- In case you have sold the share from the broker, you need to approve the share transfer inside My EDIS. As per the new rule, the sold share needs to clear from EDIS (Electronic Delivery Instruction Slip) with T+2 days of the order by 10:00 PM.
- If you are selling share for the first time, you need to contact the broker then only you will be able to see the share transfer details
- If you are not able to transfer share within T + 2 day, in that case you need to submit
- Debit Instruction Slip (DIS) to the capital before 11:00 AM.
14) How do I calculate WACC of a company?
Suppose you bought a share of A company at difference rates. You bought 100 unit of share at NPR 500, similarly the next 100 unit costs you NPR 650 per share and last one cost you NPR 450 for 50 unit of share. Now if you want to know the weighted average price per share