Sarbottam Cement Announces IPO for Industry-Affected Locals and Foreign Nepalese Immigrants, Following Successful QII Allotmen

Sarbottam Cement Limited has issued an offer letter for an Initial Public Offering (IPO) targeting industry-affected locals of Nawalparasi District, mine excavation-affected locals of Palpa District, and Foreign Nepalese Immigrants. The IPO subscription period for the specified groups is set from 25th Poush to 10th Magh, 2080. Notably, if the issue remains undersubscribed for the industry-affected locals of Nawalparasi District and mine excavation-affected locals of Palpa District by the early closing date, it may be extended until Magh 25. However, there will be no extension for Foreign Nepalese Immigrants beyond the early closing date.

Previously, Sarbottam Cement conducted the issuance of its primary shares through the book-building process for Qualified Institutional Investors (QII) from 6th to 10th Mangsir, 2080. The allotment for the 36,19,190 unit shares, against the initially offered 24 lakh units to eligible institutional investors, took place on the 11th Mangsir.

The overall issuance plan involves Sarbottam Cement offering 12.9033% of its issued capital amounting to Rs. 4.65 Arba, equivalent to 60 lakh shares or 60 crores. Out of this, 40% (24 lakh shares) has already been issued and allotted to Qualified Institutional Investors, leaving the remaining 60% (36 lakh shares) for the general public.

Among the general public shares, 9,30,000 units will be allocated to industry-affected locals of Nawalparasi District and mine excavation-affected locals of Palpa District. The remaining 26,70,000 units will be divided into two portions – 10% (2,67,000 units) for Nepalese citizens working abroad, and the remaining 24,03,000 units for the general public.

Global IME Capital has been appointed as the issue manager, and applications can be submitted for a minimum of 50 units and a maximum of 10,000 units.

The share price for common investors is set at Rs. 360.90 per share. The IPO is being conducted through the book-building method, where the ‘cut-off price’ during the primary shares allotment to Qualified Institutional Investors was Rs. 401. As per the guidelines, shares for the general public are offered at a 10% discount to the ‘cut-off’ price, resulting in Rs. 360.90 per share for common investors.

ICRA Nepal has maintained its issuer rating of [ICRANP-IR] BBB+ and reaffirmed the long-term rating of [ICRANP] LBBB+ and the short-term rating of [ICRANP] A2 to Sarbottam Cement Limited.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here